Stressed

Stress accounts for 80 % of all migraines, according to a study in the journal Cephalalgia. That's because it causes fluctuations in cortisol and adrenaline - the fight-or-flight hormones - which can lead to pain and nausea, says Sheena K. Aurora, MD, medical director of the Headache Center at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle. Stress can also make you clench your jaw and neck muscles, causing neck pain that, in turn, can set off tension headaches.
Trigger Tamer: Meditation, deep breathing, yoga, and massage can help. Or consider a mind-body technique called biofeedback - get more information from the Association for Psychophysiology and Biofeedback.

By Winnie Yu Scherer

Comments

  1. I know the problem of being stressed too well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't the holiday season one of the most stressful times of the year? i read the other day that bar sales go up the day before thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i spend about 3 hours a day with some stressed people... it stress me too
    than i take a time to breath...


    or not :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have my sister read your bog post and encourage her to check out the link. Her headaches have gone on way too long - and medical tests have all come back negative. It's got to be the stress in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always stressed when driving - not because I don't know how to drive, but because I rage at other sunday drivers... -_-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate when I'm stressed. It's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stress is what we all have to live with :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. This could explain why my headaches have been happening with increased frequency.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very informative. Good stuff. Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure that I remember what it's like NOT having a headache...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might need yoga classes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting. Thank goodness my stress level is pretty low, but now I know why my hubby has so many headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i wouldnt say 80%... well not with me atleast, i usually start getting a headache when i feel dehydrated. water is key for headache removal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Shaw: Maybe some dessert would make you feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Heaven

    ZING!

    When I'm stress, I just chillax and drink a coffee and take perspective of how completely pathetic this project and how jack shit it would do to the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Must-Have Apps of Samsung Galaxy Note

Breast Cancer Symptoms

Non-Surgical Medical Treatments for Acne Scars Using Fraxel Laser Treatments