2013 Ford Taurus

On Sale: Spring 2012
Base Price: $27,395
Drivetrain: 240-hp, 2.0-liter turbo I4/288-hp, 3.5-liter V6/365-hp, 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6; FWD/AWD, six-speed automatic
Fuel Economy: 2.0-liter turbo I4: N/A (FWD); 3.5-liter: 23 mpg (FWD), 21 mpg (AWD), 3.5-liter turbo: 20 mpg (AWD)

Having unveiled the 2013 Fusion at the Detroit auto show--hot on the heels of Frankfurt's Evos concept which heralded its styling direction--Ford had to do something to keep the Taurus from looking a tad long in the tooth. Hence this mid-cycle refresh.

The new front end gets a wider look to mitigate the sedan's tallish stance, while the rear is nicely spruced up with LED taillights bisected by a full-width chrome bar. The overall effect is zazzier, sportier and generally more pleasing to the eye. The extra-zoot SHO models also receive five-leaf cyber-clover wheels, new faux fender vents and a blackout mesh-grille treatment for a measure of menace.

Engine choices? Ford's got a few. The base engine is a four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbo. The mid-level engine is a naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V6, while the SHO gets a 365-hp, 350-lb-ft twin-turbo six, gaining 10 hp over the previous model.

The interior sees a fairly comprehensive redo that now incorporates fabric-wrapped pillars and a new dash with touch-sensitive buttons and a revised version of MyFord Touch, guaranteed to be somewhat less frustrating and a fair bit prettier.

By: Davey G. Johnson

Comments

  1. ooh, love Ford, especially Ford Ka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never afford the gas..haha..plus there is the whole found on road dead aspect or fix or repair daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The front looks like an Aston Martin, although the mileage is quite... eh. Another downside in my opinion is the FWD, but at least they have an AWD version! Overall, looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, they've really improved the look of this car

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to be nerdy and make a correction; 365 HP isn't a 10 HP boost. The previous model also made 365 HP and 350 ft lbs of torque. Ford's simply offering a better performance package for this model. I know these cars like the back of my hand.

    I'm a proud president of my local SHO car club chapter, and I've been driving and modding these cars for almost 20 years. My pride and joy is my 95 SHO with the Super High Output Yamaha V6 and the 5 speed manual (last year they offered it, sad face), modified to just north of 310 HP and weight reduced to about 3000 lbs even. It's every bit as fast as my modded 2005 Mustang GT.

    Love these cars and glad to see them featured. The facelift is a great change for this model year. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very attractive lovely car! I've always loved fords!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could do with a new car, well i could do with any car.I don't like those plaastic interiors. though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks good

    ReplyDelete
  9. the angle of it makes me think it's been smashed or compacted all bizarre. it most certainly sounds flashy, & pricey. i like the color though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Must-Have Apps of Samsung Galaxy Note

Non-Surgical Medical Treatments for Acne Scars Using Fraxel Laser Treatments

Breast Cancer Symptoms